Route 66 Solar strives to provide a quick, smooth and quality solar panel installation process. Most roof-mounted installations consist of the following steps:
1. Measurement and Layout The installation area is measured per design, and the layout of the panels and roof mounts is marked on the roof.
2. Then the installers locate roof-mounted rafters using various methods (including audibly, electronically, or physically). The installers fasten the roof mounts into the rafters to ensure proper installation and water seal. Enough roof mounts are applicable to reduce load and stress on each rafter while preventing too many to minimize roof penetrations.
3. Install Rails Rails are attached to the roof mounts to facilitate positioning, spreading the solar panel load and stress among the roof mounts elevating the solar panels above the roof to allow air circulation for cooling (solar panel performance degrades at higher temperatures).
4. Install Ground Wire The continuous copper ground wire connects to all rail segments and junction boxes to ensure the same electrical reference point and safety.
5. Mount Inverter and connect it to emergency disconnect, meter, breaker box and solar arrays.
LOCATING RAFTERS AND MARKING
PANEL PLACEMENT AND CONDUIT
PLACEMENT AND END CLAMPS
Route 66 Solar
Copyright © 2022 Route 66 Solar - All Rights Reserved.